1. Taylorsville Dayzz (June 29-30): My family goes every year to this carnival and there really is not another like it! We go early to snag a spot on the grass for the firework show. They have fireworks on Friday and Saturday, and it is the best firework show I have seen in Utah! We love to go through the carnival, ride a few rides and we always make sure we grab a ‘Texas Twister’ drink.
4. Stadium of Fire (July 4): It is a huge concert and firework show that is held at the BYU stadium every Fourth of July. I went with my family years ago and absolutely enjoyed every minute! Colin and I have talked about going this year because One Republic is playing! ahhh!
5. Draper Days (July 10-14): So much fun! I love going to each towns carnival because they are never ending fun! There is a parade, booths, food trucks, fireworks, family movie night and lets not forget the funnel cake!
8. Nephi Demolition Derby (August 11, 2018): My family has a long standing tradition of going to at least one demolition derby each summer. There is nothing that says summer like a bunch of old cars running into each other! Last year we attended the Nephi Demolition Derby for the first time, and I can honestly say that no other Demo Derby compares! They had so many cars enter and a ton of different heats! It gets super intense! Some times cars flip over or catch on fire! It is one of my favorite summer traditions.
9. Twilight Concert Series (August-September): Every year in Salt Lake City they have concerts with some well known people. A couple years ago they have Kid Cudi! (if you didn’t know, I have a special place in my heart for Cudi.) They are having some amazing people play this year such as: Diplo and Robert DeLong!
10. Swiss Days (September 1-2): I absolutely LOVE Swiss Days. We go every year as a family and we make a whole day of it! We drive up early Saturday morning and go to the parade. They always have bagpipes which I love. After the parade we each lunch at the park where there are endless tents filled with goodies (clothes, crafts, activities, etc…) I would recommend getting the berries and cream, and a lemon yodel. The berries and cream is to die for, and the lemon yodel is a candy stick stuck in the middle of a lemon that makes lemonade (of sorts.)
Whatever you do this summer I hope you have fun! Maybe even create a summer bucket list!